Friday, January 26, 2007

Goblin with the Orange Eye


His name is Goblin with the Orange Eye
He's not too brave, but he ain't too shy.
Left eye glowing' orange like a pumpkin in a patch
The others white like a ghost, so the 2 don't match
Swimming round in circles in his bowl o' glass
Givin' creepy looks as he go on pas'
I wonder if on Halloween he'll fly
Shoot right out his bowl and up to the sky
Jump on out like a bat out o' Hell
Terr'fyin' childrens with a Goblin spell!
Momma says "NO, and we don't say hell,
Or else in the corner you'll sit a spell."
She said he ain't nothing' but a speckley goldfish
And he won't do nothing' but swim in his dish.
But sometimes mommas don't know a thing
She say "you can't catch a bird by salting his wing."
And "Little ol' Goblin can't scare you to death."
But I think I thought I heard him, whisper under his breath.

No comments:

© Kipluck aka: BethAnn Mayberry All work is the exclusive property of the blog author, Kipluck, under her legal name unless otherwise noted. If you want to use it for something, chances are I will say yes if you ASK. If you don't ask, I will sue your pants off. For the record, my best friend StephAnn has the right to play with any and all of my poetry she wants. We are partners in crime.