Thursday, January 25, 2007

Virginia and Curtains

["I miss you, Megs." I wanted to kidnap her from that place. There were so many times I wished I could rescue Megan.]

Virginia and Curtains

Summer
but a coldness swirls inside of me
like water going down a drain.
Each figure in my life pulls a curtain
and exits
onto another platform
to far for me to reach.
My hands are bound in strings, cutting
and burning
as I fight to reach
my friends.
Alone
with hundreds of people pushing by me
anxious to get to there and make sales
but I want to hide in a broom closet
and pretend the curtains don't exist
and I will find myself with my friends
when I open my eyes again.

No comments:

© Kipluck aka: BethAnn Mayberry All work is the exclusive property of the blog author, Kipluck, under her legal name unless otherwise noted. If you want to use it for something, chances are I will say yes if you ASK. If you don't ask, I will sue your pants off. For the record, my best friend StephAnn has the right to play with any and all of my poetry she wants. We are partners in crime.