Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mission Call Coming for a Nervous Mormon Girl

[As you might guess, this was written back before I served a full-time mission for my church, when I was waiting, anxiously, to get my "call" (assignment)]

Mission Call Coming for a Nervous Mormon Girl

In the cave,
with a resolute
but ignored,
old soldier
in his faded red uniform
standing by,
there is a large white summon.
It asks me to go where I have never been
for God.
And if it is God who hands me this call,
how could I not clutch it to my chest and shout in jubilation?
And leap up my stairs,
throwing white paper like confetti?
And sing and tell the world that I will follow God?
But it is sealed with a very sticky glue,
and my hands tremble,
though they are scoffed and called cowards
by the old red sentry.

No comments:

© Kipluck aka: BethAnn Mayberry All work is the exclusive property of the blog author, Kipluck, under her legal name unless otherwise noted. If you want to use it for something, chances are I will say yes if you ASK. If you don't ask, I will sue your pants off. For the record, my best friend StephAnn has the right to play with any and all of my poetry she wants. We are partners in crime.