Friday, January 26, 2007

Mostly

[finally, a more recent one. Warning, it's sappy... and technically lyrics to a song, but you'll never hear the tune, since I don't actually write notes, so whatever.]

Mostly

I like to sip my milk from a sturdy Mason jar

I like watch folks at the store and wonder who they are

I like to name the lobsters in the tank, though they're for food

I like to read graffiti, even if I think it's rude.

But Mostly, I like you.

I like to buy a drink from local lemonade stands

I like to write to pen pals living in distant lands

I like to watch the tadpoles till they turn into frogs

I like to ignore joggers, but say Hello to their dogs

But Mostly, I like you.

You're almost all those good things that a girl like me needs

A crazy girl who reads much, star gazes and plants flower seeds

A boy who's almost silly as the girl writing this song

The girl she may just find she likes that boy her whole life long.

2 comments:

steph k said...

YAY! THANK YOU!
Wow... I have a lot to choose from!!!

I think we should do a full blown collaboration and try and get published. :)

ADDollhouse said...

THAT would freaking ROCK. I have been needing to write more anyway, so you will have even more to choose from. Not that all of it will be good.

But well, some of my best stuff was in HIGH SCHOOL. So geez, you never know.

© Kipluck aka: BethAnn Mayberry All work is the exclusive property of the blog author, Kipluck, under her legal name unless otherwise noted. If you want to use it for something, chances are I will say yes if you ASK. If you don't ask, I will sue your pants off. For the record, my best friend StephAnn has the right to play with any and all of my poetry she wants. We are partners in crime.