Thursday, January 25, 2007

Trevor's Pocket

[I wrote this back when I was teaching preschool for my kids who were are all "treasure" seekers.]

Trevor's Pocket

toy car broken
chucky cheese token
very long string
butterfly's wing
3 pennies shiny
pebble very tiny
pencil stub found
on playground
1 live lizard
blue plastic wizard
smooth button red
barbie doll head
taking inventory
pockets tell his story
treasures from a walk
just around the block
bulging at the seams
knickknacks trash and dreams

No comments:

© Kipluck aka: BethAnn Mayberry All work is the exclusive property of the blog author, Kipluck, under her legal name unless otherwise noted. If you want to use it for something, chances are I will say yes if you ASK. If you don't ask, I will sue your pants off. For the record, my best friend StephAnn has the right to play with any and all of my poetry she wants. We are partners in crime.