Thursday, January 25, 2007

an insomniac's mocking bed

["...the pleasures of insomnia are ones I can't avoid..." - BNL]

an insomniac's mocking bed

repugnantly restful
it lies on the floor
of the room named for
that one crucial furnishing
and mocks me in its horizontal way
it appears puffy and gentle like a panda
but i heard they are not always
so sweet either and my bed is the same
soft and comfy but it doesn't make me sleep
so i lay in my bed, trying one side
and then the other
and trying to find the cool side of my pillow
staring at the wall
and it's ridiculously girly wallpaper that i did not pick
and trying to sleep
but willing yourself to sleep is like telling a bed
to stop acting so smug





[I put this one in here first because truly phenomenal design diva CC once made it into freaking cool ART. Because she does that. And she was needing to see others so she indirectly inspired this here blog- slash- poetry- archive.]

No comments:

© Kipluck aka: BethAnn Mayberry All work is the exclusive property of the blog author, Kipluck, under her legal name unless otherwise noted. If you want to use it for something, chances are I will say yes if you ASK. If you don't ask, I will sue your pants off. For the record, my best friend StephAnn has the right to play with any and all of my poetry she wants. We are partners in crime.